• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Homecast Red Pearlecent Polyester Cartridge Pen

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Manage to heat the Garage up nice and toasty on Saturday - so I could have a bit of casting.
This one is a Clear Cast Polyester with Red Pearlescent powder added, turned and made into a Cartridge Pen
The pearlescence is better in real life.... really sparkles

Thoughts!!! :thinks:

Attachments

• red pearlescent cartridge.jpg
    red pearlescent cartridge.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 53

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That's very nice Rowdy. I would like to see it in the flesh.

As an expert in casting, do you think it's possible to cast feathers?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice rowdy very nice indeed reminds me of when I used to use pearlesent ink well done my friend

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Like it, Rowdy but would have saved the blank and mounted it on a larger pen just to enjoy the beauty of it. Nice!

Bob.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered

Jim

Grand Master
A very nice bullet pen indeed Rowdy, great looking blank you have made also. :thumbs: I tried to make a blank similar to this a few years ago, didn't look anything like this my friend. It will be land fill now i am afraid .. :whistling:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
A very nice bullet pen indeed Rowdy, great looking blank you have made also. :thumbs: I tried to make a blank similar to this a few years ago, didn't look anything like this my friend. It will be land fill now i am afraid .. :whistling:

I have found when casting these blanks with the pearlescents added they are so brittle the only way to turn them is by using a shew chisel - very sharp and small ' 3/8in' max.
Scrapers don't seem to do it, but I haven't tried these Carbide Tipped thingys yet. keep you posted as I have an eye on one at the moment...:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).