• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A bullet pen I did it my way

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
There you go not much different but its how I wanted to do it the wood is Sabah Ebony I made a small recess for the clip in the top part of the shell case and a boxwood plug to a very tight fit in the top of the case and through the clip and into the 7mm tube and pressed it in
DSCF2060.JPGDSCF2063.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's nice dad and probably a better looking pen for it.
A rifle clip might look better still init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Neil all I used on the case was autosol it can always be re-polished if and when needed
Brian I would have put a rifle clip on but I didnt have any left I used them all up for H 4 H just before Christmas I had no intention of making this one till I got out in my workshop you know what I'm like

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Woody, that is then next step, the one that I've wanted but didn't know until now. Thank you, that's superb and a fantastic looking pen.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
That is a fabulous looker there without a doubt. The joint (or lack of) between wood and case is excellent.

I can see why some might appreciate a rifle clip but I like the one it has now, seems to complement the wood judging by the photo.

Very nicely done Sir !

L200arg

Graduate Member
That's a really good looking pen woody, I like the clip you have put on it don't think a rifle clip would would make it any better looking than it is now.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Like the clip as it is, the rifle clip is a bit tacky. can yu tell me the dims between tip and casing wood join, the length of the wood and the length of the top please woody?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Like the clip as it is, the rifle clip is a bit tacky. can yu tell me the dims between tip and casing wood join, the length of the wood and the length of the top please woody?

There you go Neil I striped it down the brass tubes are standard slimline and the end of the wood has no tube in it 40mm, 59mm and 11mm just in case your old eyes cant see LOL
DSCF2064.JPG

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Not sure mate I did take the first photos outside in the sun the other photos were taken indoors so maybe that made a difference

Sun? what sun?

Alex,

I thought that it was silver, that is why I asked Woody what he had coated it in. He said that he had polished it with his Anusol? Dont know what colour that is though.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Agree with Neil a rifle clip would indeed make it look tacky....It looks right just as it is.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).