• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

£10 off

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes I got an email this morning from Axminster Woody. Seem a good bargain for anyone looking for some squares !!!!:thumbs:

I sold all mine last year didnt think I would need them any more how wrong can you be

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody, I find the set I have invaluable for marking testing especially when aligning the table saw blade, cut off saw and drill press. Yesterday was terribly dissapointed viewing a 780 dollar drill press it was shoddy really and no hollow spindle to enable the chuck to be locked up with a threaded bar. From a similar source as the squares noting the comments on the squares on the site you get what you pay a lot for except sometimes over accuracy. Lets know how you went mine were ok. Because they are small I find sometimes I have a set then none then others come out of hiding as well.

Spoke to a guy yesterday same name near address as a mate of mine phone number from white pages wrong bloke who said he is 75 and his short term memory is shot. He has a fair number of really old motor bikes and a modern one. The newer one has a reserve tank hold a little so he forgets to fill sometimes after going over to reserve parks the bike at home. Next day goes for a ride has to call the wife come bring some petrol (know that feeling), we the fellow and me seemed to have a lot in common he took my number and will arrange a day for us to share a beverage and have a good yarn.

Peter.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
With there massive 40% price increases this time round I will be taking all my business elsewhere.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I wont stop looking in on them I have had a lot of bargains this year through selective buying like 3 of there K10 chucks for £50 each but I do understand were your coming from Ed

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When
you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.”

They have the stuff made in China, we like the price, we hate the quality, we dislike the lead time.
It's made in the uk, we like the quality, we're happy with lead time , we hate the price.
Thank god it's not made in France otherwise it'll all be crap

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ordered yesterday and arrived this morning they are made by Soba precision tools who are based in India I have tested all 4 squares and they are spot on internal and external and they are of a good quality well worth the money

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).