• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Horse Chestnut tree bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This bit of Horse Chestnut landed on my doormat this morning and I just had to turn it I'm sure most of you will understand that feeling
It is 10" x 8" x 1 3/4" x 1/4" thick finished with two coats of sanding sealer and paste wax

This is what landed on the doormat
1.jpg

This is what I done to it and named it a tree bowl for obvious reasons as you will see
2.JPGDSCF2089.JPGDSCF2090.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Woody, you never fail to impress. Its easy to make a nice bowl out of such a piece of work but a stunning bowl takes a lot. This is a stunning bowl

Paul

Fellow
Stunning.

But where do you live that people leave wood on your doorstep?

Most places just ring the "old codgers doorbell" and run off. Some kind of convenient upper middle class yobs? Or has "milk and more" diversified?

Jim

Grand Master
It is disgusting that you have to wake up to such a thing on your doorstep Woody, you have done the right thing in bringing her in and giving her a new dress.. She now looks beautiful my friend .. Her previous owner wouldn't recognise her for sure .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).