• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Disassembly

Jim

Grand Master
Yeah, TR do sell them, i got one from there .. I would like to get my hands on one for the baron pen ... :whistling:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Mate just make one, its so easy its just two different size rods and to remove the tranny is just a 7 mm hole drilled in a bit of angel iron as long as the rod is a nice fit down the brass tube your good to go cheers Frankie.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Sorted my problem out. Bought some long punches from Machine Mart for £9 from which I managed to take them get to get the pen apart.
Gonna think of a way in which I can make a press to gently prise them out using the punches.:thumbs:

Regards
Terry

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Sorted my problem out. Bought some long punches from Machine Mart for £9 from which I managed to take them get to get the pen apart.
Gonna think of a way in which I can make a press to gently prise them out using the punches.:thumbs:

Regards
Terry

Did we get this done Terry? :nooidea:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I remember throwing many a pen away for going to far in with the transmission before i learnt there was a dissembler. :whistling:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
I also use transfer punches and have been able to disassemble all the styles of pens I have tried

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).