• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Couple of Wooden Boxes

Jim

Grand Master
Made a couple of boxes, one from Cherry and the other from Jarrah, well, I am made to believe it is Jarrah after being inspired by the piece that Doug turned the other week. Well, I searched out the two large pieces of railway sleeper a retired turner gave me a few years ago, hoping that the wood would be as good as what i saw with Doug's piece. Well, it didn't let me down, it has hairline splits running through it, but id didn't ruin the piece. The larger of the two is made from Cherry. Both boxes have a bit of a pattern on the lid made by using a chatter tool. Just need some more practice with it ...

After seeing the pictures I realized that in my haste i hadn't lined the lids up with the box trunks ... :sob:

cherry_box.jpg

woodturned_cherry_box.jpg

woodturner.jpg

Jarrah_woodturned_box.jpg

Jarrah_turned_box.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Jim, I bet its nice to get into the shed after all the work you been doing. Two Lovely Boxes.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I like those, A LOT !

The Cherry is particularly nice, I have a piece in the garage that I now know what to do with, thanks for the inspiration.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).