• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A tiddler

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
A little bowl from the wormy Yew branch wood I made the crotch bowls from, you can see 2 holes one back left & one on the rim front right where the little blighters had been.

Couldn't keep the bark on as it was so dry, what bark was on the branch fell off as soon as I started turning, finished once again with Carnauba wax

photo1_zpsca7e40d9.jpg

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Lovely stuff Doug looks a bit like an oyster shell ...those holes would annoy the hell out of me .

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have just had another look and the bowl was looking right back at me creepy looks like ET in the bottom of the bowl

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Doug, those little wood monsters must have very sharp teeth as yew dries like steel.

Jim

Grand Master
Tiddler maybe, but you sure can turn a bowl Doug, Ehhh, you do live close to Woody (mind now working overtime), i am begining to think there is something in the water in your neck of the woods .. :wink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for all the comments :thumbs:

Forgot to put the sizes up :doh: bit late but it's 3 3/4" long, 3" deep & 2 1/2" high

Loved the pic mate neat nest you made for the Tidler.

Peter.

I'm swimming in Yew shavings at the moment Peter, I need to get the brush out PDQ.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).