• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polymer pens

trapper

Registered
I'm playing around with polymers at the moment and will be making up a batch of Jr Gent pens over the next few days will post some pics when they are done and the story of how I did 'em:thinks still work in progress at the mo

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have seem these blanks on the net mate, some of them look absolutley superb. The only thing that stops me buying them is the price. :rolling:

I would find it difficult in my area to charge a rediculous price for a pen to try and get my costs back. :goesred:

Jim

Grand Master
Polymer clay blanks do look superb, especially on the right pen kit. Are you going to be selling the blanks Steve, or just for personal use? :nooidea:

trapper

Registered
Okies people whilst I agree buying blanks can be very expensive, I also have concern over the cost of materials to do acrylic casting, and in my case the intrusive effects of the process....... I'm currently living in a small flat. So I was thinking there must be a way of doing something different without fumes mess etc. anyhow here's a few pics of the Jr gents I made up today. They are made from blended polymer clays, I 'll try and do a proper write up to post here.

trapper

Registered
Sorry guys had to put the pics in my photo album. Trust me you can do this with no special equipment each blank takes maybe 40 mins start to finish. Its an infinitately variable result can be done using any tube size any kit or even self made component pens. You will need brass tubes or alternative ones and no this is not my invention or concept it's just utilising what is commercially available.:thumbs:

Alan Moore

I live in a masonette and only have a small garden to share where I have my small shed so I know how you feel:down:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
They have turned out nice mate, would be great if you could give us some info on how this was done. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).