• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New vacum chamber

Ryan

Apprentice Member
Due To The High demand on our feather pen blanks We decided to purchase a new vacuum chamber to keep the backlog to a minimum and with the shows we got booked also craft fairs and our commitment to our overseas customers we looked at the small 4.2 ltr kit on eBay today. I have seen that there is some interest here in the subject and shall keep you posted on its performance we chose the one with the steel bottom to compensate for climatic conditions in case we needed a little heat from the bottom it looks the kit for small moulds as ours we only do a few blanks at a time because the work involved is so time consuming but we use both pressure pots and vacuum.
Ryan

Jim

Grand Master
Any chance of seeing some images of your set up Ryan, and blanks if possible .. :whistling:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
yeah, we need pics and a website and I need blanks from feathers. Owl and hawk and falcon feathers which I can supply.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
yeah, we need pics and a website and I need blanks from feathers. Owl and hawk and falcon feathers which I can supply.

Paul you gave me a smile out here in cricket when a bowler hits a batsman on the head with a bouncer its called a Falcon.

Ryan want to see what you do with feathers etc a mate of mine in Canada posts on our Aussie forum produces feather blanks and so many others has shown on that site so many cheap and effective ways to assist in casting cheaply, his name is Les.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).