• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Homecast Red Glitter Polyester Fat Top Pen

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Taken a liking to the Slimline FatTop Pens that have been shown recently.
Had a go and made one for the girls....
Cast with Clear Polyester and 99p Shop Glitter Dust, Blanks and tubes painted black added homemade band.
Finished with Micromesh, TCut and Mer Wax....

Attachments

• 2014-01-28 Red Glitter Polyester Fat Top.jpg
    2014-01-28 Red Glitter Polyester Fat Top.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 73

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Wow, like the blank. Admire your ingenuity in making the centre band, but in my opinion it hasnt got enough feature in it and as a plain brass band it detracts from the blank and the remainder of the pen. The Ladies will love that pen. Where do you get your resin supplies from?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow that is bright an sparkly bet the girls love em I know my granddaughters would come to that I bet Violet would as well well done mate thats a right Bobby Dazzler

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Yup, I like that Rowdy. Beats the sh one t out of the Euro and is all your own work. The girls are going to love it.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Wow, like the blank. Admire your ingenuity in making the centre band, but in my opinion it hasnt got enough feature in it and as a plain brass band it detracts from the blank and the remainder of the pen. The Ladies will love that pen. Where do you get your resin supplies from?

Neil, I usually get my resin and pigments from here. Casting Resins - East Coast Fibreglass Supplies
But I am always on the look out for different additives/colours etc....

amazilia

You have clearly (no pun intended) got the hang of casting, it is a pleasure to see. And meanwhile I like me, I bet you you always spend £10 in a pound shop !
Regards Terry

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Rowdy, while I don't agree entirely with Neil (I like that the centre band is not 'busy') it could do with a polish. As it is it clashes with the shiny plating at tip and finial. Small criticism, overall I love the pen and I think you are doing some fabulous casting work!

geo

Very nice , i love it
You are very lukcy , i would like to make my own blanks but no one shipping to my country and if yes the shipping cost is nery nery . Very much :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).