• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive wood box with finial

geo

Olive wood box , naturale finish ,the finial made from Βeech and the with black alcohol painting
The dimensions is 11 cm the diameter 8 cm height of the box and the finial height is 13 cm . The thickness of the wall is 3 mm . I am making another one and i post it tomorrow
Regards
Giorgos
DSC01169.JPGDSC01170.JPGDSC01171.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is lovely Geo, you are a very skilled person. Great turning and super finish.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Ένα πραγματικά όμορφο κομμάτι Γιώργος, επιδέξια γίνονται:claps:

geo

Beautiful Giorgos! I love the grain, a gorgeous peice of wood done justice, well done.:claps:

What is your hollowing tool of choice? :thinks:

Dear naxie
thanks for the comment
the tool i use its homemade , i take a foto and i make a post with the the tool
Regards Giorgos

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Excellent Greek
Come now to Greece to drink ouzo-tsipouro and eat green olives :yourwelcome:

Will be coming later on this year George. Holidays are usually western United States or Italy . We decided Greece should make a nice change.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Geo, Priceless Olive mate beautifully made and accented last night at my Wood Guild I had a yarn with Richard Raffan a member here as well the finial reminded me of him, he had copies of his latest book making toys etc.

I have a pen to post of Olive hesitating to show after this special Olive box.

Also I think I can help with a quick pic of my open box to take pics I made of conduit and fittings takes 1/2 an hour to make sat in foam plastic 50 mm thick base takes me 5 mins to set up in my lounge room the background white paper curved down takes away the lines across the back of the object these days I use thin white cardboard from the newsagency.

Kind regards Peter. Love your work mate.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 15

geo

Geo, Priceless Olive mate beautifully made and accented last night at my Wood Guild I had a yarn with Richard Raffan a member here as well the finial reminded me of him, he had copies of his latest book making toys etc.

I have a pen to post of Olive hesitating to show after this special Olive box.

Also I think I can help with a quick pic of my open box to take pics I made of conduit and fittings takes 1/2 an hour to make sat in foam plastic 50 mm thick base takes me 5 mins to set up in my lounge room the background white paper curved down takes away the lines across the back of the object these days I use thin white cardboard from the newsagency.

Kind regards Peter. Love your work mate.:thumbs:
Deap penpal
thanks for the comments
the mini studio is very interesting and i make one
question
how many are the watts of the lamps , this studio its small and elegand :up:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Deap penpal
thanks for the comments
the mini studio is very interesting and i make one
question
how many are the watts of the lamps , this studio its small and elegand :up:

Sorry Geo only thing on the lamp is 5000 kelvin natural 240 volt will go to my supplier tomorrow but they are the largest made or sold there. Be in touch tomorrow.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).