• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another new tool

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The screws were delivered today for the tools I made yesterday and I have also made a longer one which takes the Robert sorby tips it is 32" long now I need to get some more domed High Tensile 5mm screws
3 tips fitted on yesterdays chisels
DSCF2106.JPG
All 4 chisels including the new one
DSCF2105.JPG

Robert sorby tip on the new chisel
DSCF2107.JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Splendid boss ..talented or what ? I reckon you could make a lot of money selling these tools.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I was making them at cost for people with the aluminium handles but I haven't got my metalwork machines any more

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Do you sell any Woody?

I can make them up without the handles for about £14 for the small ones with a round tip or £12 with the square tip without the handle and plus P/P but it will take a few weeks to get the round tips handles about another £3.50 or cheaper if you supply your own wood I will only charge what it cost me to make them obviously I have to pay postage to get the tips delivered from the USA and metal from other suppliers and the more that are wanted the less the postage will be for me to get the materials

But I must stress that they will all be made by hand so there will be some variation from one tool to another and they will not have a machined finish

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
:thinks: Is it possible to get smaller tips Woody ? Bit like the Simon Hope ones ? I was thinking the 10mm one Carbide tools

The round tips I can do with a 12 or 15mm tip but they will have to be ordered from USA and the square tips 10.5 and 12 mm which I have two of each spare or if you want send me your own tips if you can get any other sizes and I will make them up for you also the screw for the tip as they do very in size and I probably wont have the right size screws and I will only charge you for what I supply

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
OK, now I'm confused even more, is this the right kind of thing ? 10mm 1003 Coated Round Carbide Insert Regualr | eBay

Seems to be a quarter of the US price, so are they crap tips / the wrong thing or what?

Help !
They are for metal Phill not sure if they will work on wood the ones Simon and USA sell are sharpened at the right angle for wood and I have just noticed they are from Hong Kong could be cheap and nasty rubbish

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).