• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Details of my photo set up

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
requests for more information re my photo mini studio.

The lamps I use are Nelson Brand power savers 48watt 5000 Kelvin rating GES giant edison screwed. the left hand reflector is about as old as me in aluminium typical from our studio one time. The right hand light is a light industrial one that had a quartz halogen strip light in it I chucked the insrts out using a large around 3 inches to fit the body of the lamp just toward the base a firm fit and used a GES lampholder they run quite cool. On the top a smaller wattage about 24 watt lamp in the same style shade as on the left light.

It is important not to mix lamps with different degrees Kelvin so the camera can fix the colour balance or White Balance.

The stand is an old 35 mil slide projector stand like grass hoppers at thrift places.

Any questions raised fire away hope this helps.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 55

geo

requests for more information re my photo mini studio.

The lamps I use are Nelson Brand power savers 48watt 5000 Kelvin rating GES giant edison screwed. the left hand reflector is about as old as me in aluminium typical from our studio one time. The right hand light is a light industrial one that had a quartz halogen strip light in it I chucked the insrts out using a large around 3 inches to fit the body of the lamp just toward the base a firm fit and used a GES lampholder they run quite cool. On the top a smaller wattage about 24 watt lamp in the same style shade as on the left light.

It is important not to mix lamps with different degrees Kelvin so the camera can fix the colour balance or White Balance.

The stand is an old 35 mil slide projector stand like grass hoppers at thrift places.
Dear Peter
Good morning
The distance will have the lulb from the subject for foto how much should be ?
Regards Giorgos

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Giorgos, The distance can be what you like on my camera I set the exposure aperture first around F8 and thats my distance with exposure starting at least 1/60 plus, lately I wired up an 8Watt multi spectrum skinny fluro about ten inches long mounted in a 3/4 round reflector used above small paintings with the ballast and starter in a separate box and place it on top in place of the top lamp, you can have too much light on top giving flare especially with your high polish finish gives more pen less flare. I play with the lights for some things but the beauty is you can see the results in the view finder straight away. I use Picassa 3 a free program for my Picture library and set the reduction to be 800 then send the pic to the main screen until posted. The left hand lamp fitting allows the light to stick out a bit so to remove it flaring the lens I lean a piece of white card on it to shade that from the lens and I turn all other lights off to try to preserve the colour balance. Most timbers reflect light differently and the controls such as cropping etc are easy breezy to use even for a mug like me using digital cameras is not what I trained in or ever used as a pro photographer.:phew:

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Flash on Camera works well with larger items this 10000 dollar box sold here and on sold in America made by a mate of mine at our Wood Guild Exhibition. My mate put in four boxes I took them home each night he makes a wooden suitcase for all his boxes.

Attachments

• Box 2 1754x1099 [640x480].JPG
    Box 2 1754x1099 [640x480].JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 50

geo

Hi Peter
thanks for the details I am try to fix one in a few days , when i am finish it i post it
thanks again
regards Giorgos

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).