• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stripy sierra

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this pen last week but didn't show it because it is the same pattern as the one in the compo it took quite a lot of work cutting, angling and sanding every slice and sticking them all together but it was all good fun it is now my new everyday pen enjoy
DSCF2067.JPGDSCF2068.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have to say I marvelled at the one in the compo and this is no exception dad.
Thanks for holding back on showing it, you are a star init?
Who made the we saw in the compo? That is also a stunner.
I don't no plastic lover but I sure do appreciate the workmanship in these pens.

Jim

Grand Master
It must have been hard not showing this stunner for a week Woody ... :frenchkiss:

Lovely looking pen my friend .. And a great looking blank ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you gents yes Jim I have been itching to show it all week I also did one in reverse colours but it split as the drill made its exit so I have to do it again but I have another design wizing around in my head so I have to do that first

Matt

Registered
I can vouch for the quality of this, and the competition winner. Saw them on Thursday and they are simply stunning :ciggrin: I can't imagine how much work goes into making the blanks!!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I can vouch for the quality of this, and the competition winner. Saw them on Thursday and they are simply stunning :ciggrin: I can't imagine how much work goes into making the blanks!!

So were is the pen you made young Matt I'm sure everyone would love to see your first attempt what do you say guys

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Yes we need to see your pen Matt... Show, show,show.

And... a very nice pen indeed, I would be itching too to show such a magnificent pen Woody. A class above.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Step-by-step pictorial please, Woody! She's a stunner alright. The only thing I don't like particularly is the use of gold accents - to me chrome would set that blank off much better. Doesn't detract from it's beauty though!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).