• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen press Mk I

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Had to find something to do with the bandsaw so knocked up a pen press based on plans from the web.

Made entirely from offcuts lying around and it actually works !

SAM_2840.JPG

Matt

Registered
Nice work there, haven't got a pen press so may well have a go at something like this :ciggrin: amazing what you can do with some offcuts :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Certainly substantial Phill, how the screws hold up in chipboard only time will tell but hay if it works that's all that matters, it hasn't got to look pretty & for nothing you can't go wrong :thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Love it Phill, looks like it will come alive at any minute .. :ciggrin:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Certainly ingenious Phil, you are going to have all sorts of jigs before you know it.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Brilliant Phil ..it looks like something Pinocchio's dad would knock together. Luv it.:thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I just object to paying something like 50 quid for something I can make for next to nothing.

Pretty it isn't I agree but it was done out bits from the "bits box" and if the chipboard base gives out then I'll do it again and fasten it to something a bit more solid.

Apart from that I had some fun making it :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I just object to paying something like 50 quid for something I can make for next to nothing.

Pretty it isn't I agree but it was done out bits from the "bits box" and if the chipboard base gives out then I'll do it again and fasten it to something a bit more solid.

Apart from that I had some fun making it :bwink:

!00% agreed with mate, I love to see people doing this sort of thing and thats all part of our hobby init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).