• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Silvers' Celtic Knot Jig.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
As a few of you had set up and posted your Jig I thought I would post mine

Now mine is not as big or bold as some of yours, it may be a bit too simple but it works and takes up no room in the cave.

I'm fortunate enough to have a sliding fence that can slide nearly 95mm from stop to stop.:love_it:

Its really made as a disposable unit once the bottom has been cut away a few too many times I then just make a new base.. Simple..

But it does last a long time now a days as It doesn't get as much use as it should..:sob:

Anyway, critique and comments welcome.

The last one is the fence on its own. yes the guide is on the wrong way around before anyone mentions it,. the reason for that is the guide sits better that way around..:ave_it:

Attachments

• pt-jig-1.JPG
    pt-jig-1.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 169
  • pt-jig-1a.JPG
    pt-jig-1a.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 169
  • pt-jig-2.JPG
    pt-jig-2.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 172
  • pt-jig-2a.JPG
    pt-jig-2a.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 171
  • pt-jig-1b.JPG
    pt-jig-1b.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 171

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Simple yes but it works and takes up no room which is a plus if room is limited like you I just use the mitre fence and fix a bit of wood to it but the sledges are good if room is at a premium

Jim

Grand Master
That is how i like jigs Eamonn, simple but effective. Thanks for sharing .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... it never fails and is always the best policy. I like it a lot Eamonn. What size blade have you got in that saw?

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
That's what its all about ...what works for you I also have the slotted mitre guide but i wanted to build a sled and it just hangs on a nail in the wall not a big footprint in the shed well done.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for sharing Eamonn, it works for you & that's what matters, mine is even more simple just a sacrificial fence on the mitre gauge, as long as it works :banana::banana:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... it never fails and is always the best policy. I like it a lot Eamonn. What size blade have you got in that saw?

Currently it's a 1" rip blade, I only tend to use 5 different sizes, but the rip blade is in as I have been cutting some cherry up in to pen blanks for a friend.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).