• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Preparing pen blanks for the weeks ahead

Jim

Grand Master
I have been a tad busy today cutting up and gluing corian ready to make some segmented pens. I will be turning these over the next few weeks. I have made a center band for each one using plastics ...

five_segmented_corian_pen_blanks.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
I use this chap Bellringer ... Corian Man He has renamed himself now, think it may be due to copyright? Drop him an email, he is down in London ... :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Frankie, I place the numbers on to the blanks once i have made a build without gluing, so when i come to glue them they are in the same order that i marked them. What i do is cut the blanks and go thru them choosing the best match. The art of pen segmenting is forget what the outer looks like, its the center that counts .. :thumbs: Try to line centers the best you can for the best results ... :bwink:

I'll have to try it one day!!!!

Sounds a lot like me Terry ... :ciggrin:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I can visulise some nice looking pens from these blanks Jim, look forward to seeing them turned. :thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
What speed do you turn these at Jim, and do you take the edges off before you turn them? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).