• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cut up a few today

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
JUst a few from the room the two unnamed are Conkerberry and New Guinea Rosewood. Flash on the kitchen Table.:thumbs:

Knocked over a 3000 yr Huon Burl Pen this morning the temp dropped to a very pleasant 24C.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 65

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Peter I offer a wood waste removel service it free to you you just need to put it all in a shipping container

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Never having heard of Beefwood a google search appeared to be telling me it was a common name for a timber that was also commonly called Sheoak & Ironwood is this so Peter ?
It's certainly a striking looking timber as are the rest of those blanks, but the Beefwood stands out.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Never having heard of Beefwood a google search appeared to be telling me it was a common name for a timber that was also commonly called Sheoak & Ironwood is this so Peter ?
It's certainly a striking looking timber as are the rest of those blanks, but the Beefwood stands out.
It looks nothing like the sheoak or rose sheoak I have turned in colour or grain pattern but there are several types of beefwood
Barringtonia calyptrata, also known as Cornbeefwood.
Barringtonia racemosa, also known as Cornbeefwood.
Bischofia javanica[1]
Grevillea parallela, also known as Narrow-leaved Beefwood.[1]
Grevillea striata, also known as Western Beefwood.[1]
Orites excelsa, also known as White Beefwood.[1]
Stenocarpus salignus also known as Killarney Beefwood or Scrub Beefwood.[1]
Stenocarpus sinuatus also known as White Beefwood.[1]
Some Casuarinaceae species are also referred to as Beefwoods

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The common name beefwood cause it literally looks like sliced beef this one comes from the Kimberly region real tiger country a mate of mine brought some back on a wood trip up there and sold me some thats what he does he travelled many thousands of kilometres that trip he lives south of me. I like it as well but the other timbers are very special as well as time will tell, ready to glue but normal living gets in the way now. By the way all timber just does not jump into one place quickly but from all round the world over time
Sharing the pics is simply that I have no envy but appreciation.

Kind regards Peter.:iknow:how hard won it can be.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
It looks nothing like the sheoak or rose sheoak I have turned in colour or grain pattern but there are several types of beefwood
Barringtonia calyptrata, also known as Cornbeefwood.
Barringtonia racemosa, also known as Cornbeefwood.
Bischofia javanica[1]
Grevillea parallela, also known as Narrow-leaved Beefwood.[1]
Grevillea striata, also known as Western Beefwood.[1]
Orites excelsa, also known as White Beefwood.[1]
Stenocarpus salignus also known as Killarney Beefwood or Scrub Beefwood.[1]
Stenocarpus sinuatus also known as White Beefwood.[1]
Some Casuarinaceae species are also referred to as Beefwoods

Woody,

Didn't see your post here until this morning. Are you ok? What did the doctor say? There was some bloke on another forum that you used to take the mick for speaking Latin, forget his name now? Oh yes - it was me!

Liked your post, it made me smile!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Woody,

Didn't see your post here until this morning. Are you ok? What did the doctor say? There was some bloke on another forum that you used to take the mick for speaking Latin, forget his name now? Oh yes - it was me!

Liked your post, it made me smile!

I was expecting some sort of answer from you or Steven googling again LOL

Jim

Grand Master
I can imagine how nice these blanks would look on pen kits .. Drool .. :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).