• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ying & Yang pen set

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As you know I made these blanks up yesterday each one has 52 pieces there is a mistake on one of them which is going to be donated to a charity raffle can you see what the mistake is I will be relapsing it when the weather brightens up and I can use the super glue outside I'm still having trouble breathing after gluing all the bits up in the workshop never again
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Those blanks have turned into two stunning pens sir. The little mistake doesn't distract from the beauty at all ..in fact it will make a nice talking point for the lucky owner ,that's if they ever suss it.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Super stuff Woody I like them a lot and what a coup, adding a feature like that at the top of the white one. excellent stuff.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
They have come out really well woody, I can see what you mean on the "mistake" but if you had put the clip over the join you would have hidden one side:winking:

Matt

Registered
Wow, they look super :banana: you should be really proud of those. I'll add this little project to the list of "materclasses" you have to teach me! :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
They have come out really well woody, I can see what you mean on the "mistake" but if you had put the clip over the join you would have hidden one side:winking:

I did think of that Eamonn but it wouldn't have matched the other one I also thought of making it a Lusida pen after that may have got rid of it but hay ho

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow, they look super :banana: you should be really proud of those. I'll add this little project to the list of "materclasses" you have to teach me! :winking:

Your welcome any time Matt but I wont be doing any more of these till the weather changes and it can be done outside doing it inside has set of my emphysema I have been using me puffers every few hours since

Jim

Grand Master
These are works of art Woody, stunning pens indeed my friend. :winking: I know the amount of work that goes into making these blanks and i take my hat off to you for persevering with them. :thumbs: As for the mistake, had you not mentioned it, i doubt it would have been seen .. :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A most rewarding exercise in workmanship, cutting , gluing, turning, finishing the final product one to be proud of becoming part of your archive of acheivements. Trust your breathing catches up to normal soon. Watch that CA:devil:

Woody Kind regards Peter.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Dear Woody
Each piece you glue with CA ? Or some other glue . Can they be glued any acrylic
Regards
Giorgos

Ho Geo I used C/A glue medium and yes any acrylic or plastic sheet cut up I used 1.5mm and .50mm hope this helps

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).