• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Homecast Polyester JR Chrome

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
With all this bad weather around, I got my garage all toasty again. Casting Time again, had a play with a bit of Gold Pearlescent powder my daughter uses when she puts the war paint on.
Made up 2 colours one red and one yellow with a drop of the War Paint/Dust Gold.
Poured into mould and this is what came out.
By the way if Grumps reads this - used the 'TOOL' brilliant mate.

Thoughts

Attachments

• red-yellow polyester chrome jr.jpg
    red-yellow polyester chrome jr.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 61
  • red-yellow polyester chrome jr2.jpg
    red-yellow polyester chrome jr2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 61

Jim

Grand Master
I will get this in first Rowdy, i love using Resin as you don't know what the finished blank is going to look like until at least 24 hours. I would be happy to see this hatch from the tube my friend. You done a great job with it Rowdy, and come the warmer weather i will be with you in making more Resin blanks .. :winking:

Oh, and by the way the pen looks very nice also Rowdy.. :thumbs:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I will get this in first Rowdy, i love using Resin as you don't know what the finished blank is going to look like until at least 24 hours. I would be happy to see this hatch from the tube my friend. You done a great job with it Rowdy, and come the warmer weather i will be with you in making more Resin blanks .. :winking:

Oh, and by the way the pen looks very nice also Rowdy.. :thumbs:

Thats the part I like Jim, trying in your own minds eye to create patterns - It's great...:thumbs:
And it still changes as you turn the blanks....:ciggrin:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Excellent pen and excellent blank Rowdy ...the jury is out on the colour .:thinks: Do like the pearl sheen though .

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Ed.
Its not bad to add to a blank thats designed for the girls.
But at the moment I am trying out anything I can get my grubby hands on....:ciggrin:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done rowdy I have never tried casting and never likely to but it looks good to me cant fault your enthusiasm and skill mate well done

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
That a a stunner Rowdy.

I also have never bothered with casting but what you are coming out with inspires me to have a go at casting.

Excellent job there and the pen looks great.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Well if your daughter looks a pretty with the Gold Pearlescent powder on as that pen does she' lll have all the lads after her, a real beaut Rowdy.
I admire your skill & dedication mate :thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I love that Rowdy, not because its a very nice cast (which it is) and not because of the colours are bright and jazzy (which they are) and not because of the excellent turning and finishing (which is as normal, exceptional) but because its all your own. I like the innovation of always trying to find new things to add to the casting and like me you're never happy just to do what it says on the tin.

Do you think it would be possible to cast a blank and add feathers to it?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).