• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

question

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Fruit, but that's only an opinion.
All products these days are food safe unless stated on the packaging.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I only use Teak or Danish oil and have done for years but its not just the food safe aspect its also if the acid in the fruit can damage a finish like polish also open sweets can damage some finishes also worth considering will all finishes stand up to being washed when needed if used for food stuff,
So to me the safe bet is an oil of some sort or a lacquer

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm not sure because I use whatever I've got on the shelf and is easiest to apply. Most recently I've been using lathe wax and nobodies died yet... probably. :funny:

Pete B

Registered
Same as the outside ?

Sorry mate couldn't resist, i will never know the answer because i am never completely satisfied with my results.

The kind and knowledgeable people on here will know the answer though i am sure.

Pete

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
When my wife puts fruit in a wooden bowl she puts some kitchen towel in first!!!!!

That's for you to wipe your chin when you finish dribbling.
Good idea makes sense and saves washing so often, my Drain washes all fruit before eating it. Is whiskey fruit? Guilty.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I don't when I go scrumping I gust rub it on me jumper :funny::funny::funny:
The kitchen towl is a good idea but will all your customers do the same

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).