• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Heating the shed during the cold spells

Jim

Grand Master
It has given real bad weather for this weekend, lots of snow with cold winds, i only have a wooden shed and it is very cold during the winter months so i hardly use the shed through these months. I do have an electric heater but i despise having to use it for long periods due to the cost, but i need to chill out after a week of stess so i will be in there with the heater on. :bwink:

Do you have heating in your shed or workshop?

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Er.. yes.........
but ......no.....

greenhouse heater, but not at any cost....:nonono:

got plenty of warm clothes though...

if i had the chance for a pot belly stove, i would buy one.

Jim

Grand Master
Are greenhouse heaters expensive to run Matty? If i didn't have a wooden shed i would also love a pot bellied stove ... :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
its a moisture proof 1.5 kw blower............

not cheap......... especially when your tighter than a ducks backside:devil:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have an electric heater bought from B&Q which warms the workshop up pretty quickly, once it has warmed the place i turn it off then build up a sweat so i don't need it on again. :devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).