• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Little domed tea light holder.

mattyts

Registered
This is a tea light holder made from Oak,the liner isn't fully in yet because I want it to sit a little deeper so I have just put it in there for pics.

Hope you all like,it's the first kid of thing i've done like this.

Finished with wire wool and friction polish.

P1000463_zpsac4f8030.jpg

P1000465_zps838837bf.jpg

P1000467_zps12735869.jpg

P1000468_zpsde1d9c4e.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is very well turned and finished Matt not a shape I would have chosen but then I never made it I think you have done extremely well with it well done

mattyts

Registered
I started it thinking I wanted it almost circular but then it evolved into a cone and I stuck with it,although the faceplate holes are still there so I could re mount and re shape later,thankyou.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I started it thinking I wanted it almost circular but then it evolved into a cone and I stuck with it,although the faceplate holes are still there so I could re mount and re shape later,thankyou.

I wouldn't do that Matt be proud of it and keep it as is to look back on it in a few years

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You may have already done it Matt but a little tip if you want to remount a piece.
Mark the faceplate and the turned piece and align it with a known point on the chuck. I use the number 1 jaw and line it with the digit.
A great little tea light holder you have made yourself, well done sir.

mattyts

Registered
You may have already done it Matt but a little tip if you want to remount a piece.
Mark the faceplate and the turned piece and align it with a known point on the chuck. I use the number 1 jaw and line it with the digit.
A great little tea light holder you have made yourself, well done sir.

Scored a line on the face plate and a line on the bottom of the piece for future reference,thanks!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Just stick a bit of baize on the bottom to cover the screw holes and I bet people would buy it, it would be a shame to change it Matt

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I like it too, nowt wrong with that one mother..

I would leave it as it is and stand very proud that I had done something a little different and unique.. Top marks Matty.. Top marks,..:love_it:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That's great Matt and the shape like Doug says, makes me think of a pebble which is a good shape. Stick with it and give it to someone you care about.

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice indeed Matty, the shape is good for this kind of item, well done my friend .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).