• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Midlands Woodworking Show

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just a recap, the intention was to meet up on the Friday, pay a visit to a woodturning orientated establishment and then to have nosh and a beer on Friday night and go to the show on Saturday.

Those that expressed an interest were:
Jim
PaulM
Terry
Keith
PhilH
David
Alex
Walter
Brian.

As of last weekend I have had to withdraw as I need to work that weekend at a show and really regret not being able to go and meet some of you guys.

So I need someone to pick up the reigns and see if we can still get this off the ground.

I have spoken to Ashley Isles and they regret that they are unable to entertain us on the Friday as they have most of their staff at the show setting up and the remaining member of staff able to conduct shows will have just returned from a bout of chemotherapy so wont be able to meet people.

I had an email conversation with Doug who has contacts in a sawmill operation close by the showground and I, or the person who may pick up the reigns, will talk to Doug again to see if this remains a viable alternative. I hadnt booked a pub or the like for a meal as I intended to do this nearer the time when the exact list of who was coming was known.

Sorry to drop you in it but I have to work that weekend, be it much to my disgust SWMBO has indicated that it might be a wise financial decision.

So, any takers to pick up the reigns?

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well I am only doing the Saturday and as it stands I am been picked up by woody from Newark north gate at 9.20 on the Saturday

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for letting us know Neil, lets see if Doug can pick up the reigns or us and talk with the Saw Mill guy ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm sorry but with what is happening in my life at the moment I don't feel that I can help to organise this meet up I'm sorry to say at the moment I haven't a clue what will be happening in my immediate future maybe on Thursday I will have some answers and be able to help in any way I can

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I'm sorry but with what is happening in my life at the moment I don't feel that I can help to organise this meet up I'm sorry to say at the moment I haven't a clue what will be happening in my immediate future maybe on Thursday I will have some answers and be able to help in any way I can

Are you still think of going to the show

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Drain and myself are travelling up on the Thursday and staying till Saturday at the Premier inn Newark, it is all booked and paid for and time off work arranged so i have no choice but to go.
I will be there come hell or high water init?

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I will be able to do the Saturday, can't do Friday as I (now) have a big presentation to do for a potential Client. :down:

I can however try and help with organising if something needs to be done ?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).