• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hand saw with atttitude

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Decided to splash the cash (£8.99) on this S&J garden saw for cutting up smaller logs to pen blank size. To say it cuts through green wood like a hot knife through butter is an under statement !!! I tried it out on this 7" Chestnut stump and it took less that 90 seconds to slice through it even though the stump is in an awkward corner and the saw stroke was considerably reduced ! It's going to be ideal for what I have bought it to do.

Attachments

• P1000073.JPG
    P1000073.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1000071-1.JPG
    P1000071-1.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1000072.JPG
    P1000072.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 52

mattyts

Registered
We bought 2 of these for £12,they are great saws..one was a primary cut for fast work and the other for finer work,the handles are well designed with the square and rulers in them too!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks for the heads up Ed I used a nandsaw yesterday to cut some Corian I have excess stuff in larger dimensions putting it to good use. I frefer using a handsaw for the undercut feels a whole lot safer before the chainsaw is used especially up high. Liked both the price and performace demonstrated I like throwing away a saw with the hard face teeth working so well at that price especially when you forget to bring it in after the job is finished.

Peter.:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
As with Jim... You treat Mrs Ed very nicely buying her a new saw to make it easy. Must be love.

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).