• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lathe Alignment Tool

Jim

Grand Master
A few weeks ago i bought a double ended 2 Morse Taper alignment tool for my lathe. Today i put it to use as the last few times i have tested the alignment i have been slightly out. One end fits into headtstock spindle, the other in the tailstock quill, i placed the alignment tool in to the tailstock and moved it up to the headtstock, the tool went in but it wasn't without touching the side of the headtstock spindle.

Morse_Taper_Alignment_Centre.jpg

I have a couple of alignment plates held in place by 4 Cap Screws underneath the tailstock, i loosened these off tapped over the tailstock, tightened them up and all is well.

If any one is interested in this tool you can buy it from here ... Lathe Alignment Tool

or probably any good woodturning store .. :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).