• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Star of David box

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This one turned out nothing like I intended strange how you get carried away when the shavings are flying but here we go personally I'm disappointed with it made from Sycamore it is 6" from corner to corner and 2 1/2" high with a polish finish I will do what I intended to do another day
I started with a square bit of wood and cut it to a triangle the two bits I cut of I have stuck together for tomorrow to make a ducks foot bowl
1.JPGDSCF2181.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG
Ducks foot bowl blank 2 bits of wood stuck together from the box
DSCF2189.JPG

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Excellent workmanship Woody but, to me, it looks over complicated if you know what I mean.

keith

Jim

Grand Master
It is a lot of work Woody, the final object looks very well turned indeed and it is something i would love to be able to do for sure .. But it is good to see that you call this fun, which to me is the most important thing that it should be .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It is a lot of work Woody, the final object looks very well turned indeed and it is something i would love to be able to do for sure .. But it is good to see that you call this fun, which to me is the most important thing that it should be .. :thumbs:

I enjoy every thing I do on the lathe Jim no point having a hobby if you don't have fun doing it is there

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody I need a rubber stamp that says playing in the shed is becoming for you it suits you well look forward to the results every time.

Peter.:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).