• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Scraps

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
When I cut the wood for the star of David box yesterday I had a few odd shape bits left so I cleaned up the side were the band saw had been when I cut the blank up and stuck the two pieces together and this is the end result Violet said it looks like a ducks foot but I think it looks more like a sting ray fish but from another angle a scoop what says you I left the chucking spigot on as a foot it is of no practical use but it was a nice little challenge and I again had fun making it enjoy
You can see were the join is running through the middle you wouldn't have seen it if Doug had made it
How it started
DSCF2189.JPG
DSCF2190.JPGDSCF2191.JPGDSCF2192.JPGDSCF2193.JPG

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great use of your offcuts Woody, I can see what you mean about looking like a sting ray.
Lovely work mate it has certainly given me a few ideas, but best of all you're enjoying your hobby, great innit.
Thanks for sharing.:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I can see why Violet says a Duck's foot Woody, i see all of what you mention my friend, but I also see the skill that was needed to make this.. Love it also .. :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A regret I have woody is that I will dispose of at least a ton of so called excess scrap not really log pieces etc that would make your eyes water in the near future. Like your playing with scraps.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).