• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Midlands woodworking show Saturday.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Just thought I'd start a thread for the Saturday of the show to see who was going.

I read in another thread Woody had offered for folks to meet up at his, as this might not be possible for some, I wondered if it was worth organising a meet up at the show?

Something like 12 o'clock at the or near the Ashley Iles stand? No need for pink button holes :goesred: but it would be good to meet up with all the attendees from the forum.

What do you chaps think & who is going?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
This whole thing has been a bloody shambles, you all need your heads knocking together.
Bless you Doug and Woody for trying to organise something but will someone actually make a decision on what's happening and when.
I am there for 3 days, Thursday, Friday. Saturday I will be coming home after another gander at the showground.
I am staying at the Premier inn Newark and will be getting drunk in the bar next door anyone wishing to join me is more than welcome.
There is plenty going on to amuse me I might even chuck the cnc in the van and run it off battery if I get bored.
Happy to go along with whatever and whoever is happening but for Flukes sake make a decision someone before it becomes a flop init?

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I will definitely be there on the Saturday with the missus in tow and 12 o'clock at Ashley Isles is fine by me.
It is a possibility that I may travel down on the Friday and stay overnight but I haven't decided yet !!!
I will be calling at Woodys to drop some Cherry off and to pick up my new toy !!!!

Jim

Grand Master
The Mrs and I will be at the Ashley Isles stand for 12 o'clock, she will be the one wearing the dress .. :winking:

Well, that is the plan for now, of course, this may change nearer time, it may be me wearing the dress .. :whistling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
The Mrs and I will be at the Ashley Isles stand for 12 o'clock, she will be the one wearing the dress .. :winking:

Well, that is the plan for now, of course, this may change nearer time, it may be me wearing the dress .. :whistling:

I reckon we should all wear pink to mark the occasion Jim you would look stunning in pink evening gown.
Ed already has his outfit so no problem recognizing him if he is coming.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Doug, me and Lorraine will be in the premier inn on friday night and hope you and the wife can join us for dinner. I'm assuming its the same premier inn that brian and his wife are staying at. Saturday at 12.00 is fine by me to meet everybody.
Brian I've got a log of oak in the car with your name on it.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Brian I've got a log of oak in the car with your name on it.

I'll swap you a pint for that Yorkie.
I don't have any give away's this time round folks, sorry.
I gave them all away last time and have not accumulated much else since.
Too much time at work and not enough shed time init?
12 oclock at Ashley Isles stand is looking like what is gonna happen then init?
Woody you might have to put up with a Friday visit fro me instead of Saturday, I'll tell you now so you can make arrangements not to be there LOL.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'll swap you a pint for that Yorkie.
I don't have any give away's this time round folks, sorry.
I gave them all away last time and have not accumulated much else since.
Too much time at work and not enough shed time init?
12 oclock at Ashley Isles stand is looking like what is gonna happen then init?
Woody you might have to put up with a Friday visit fro me instead of Saturday, I'll tell you now so you can make arrangements not to be there LOL.

HELP
LOL That will be great my friend

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hope you all enjoy yourselves..innit :monkon:

You can do it, get your arse over there init?
Won't be the same without our pink panther will it?
No David, no Neil, Woody ain't arf in for some grief from me if I don't got no one else to give it too init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Oh no not rowdy too, how will I survive?
I'll come back back home with a flat cap cap and whippet, speaking ecky thump init?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I'll be there, after being given the runaround by SWMBO. Woody, can I come to yours first? I can pick up the carbide tool, hand over the cash and participate in whatever swap goes on. I will have found 'found wood' in the boot if anyone is interested.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I'll be there, after being given the runaround by SWMBO. Woody, can I come to yours first? I can pick up the carbide tool, hand over the cash and participate in whatever swap goes on. I will have found 'found wood' in the boot if anyone is interested.

Sounds good

Woody

Registered
First Name
no

That will be fine David see you then

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).