• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

new tools

mick the pen

tools 001.JPGtools 002.JPG

Made these tools utalising the tips of my robert sorby turnmaster, which i don't like. the shafts are 1/2in stainless steel fitted with ash handles they are 11in-16in and 18in long.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's the way to do it init?
Lovely stuff and saved money too.
I'll be in my shed making similar at the weekend.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Fantastic Mick. There are some very skill-full people on this forum and you are up there with the best of them.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Mick 3 very useful tools and a lot cheaper than the sorby tool I still have 5 to make

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Hmmmm, that gets me thinking now, I suppose I could do something similar with my Sorby Multi tip, which I do like, but switching cutters is annoying.

Nothing like impatience is there, I can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes to swap tool tips :funny:

Jim

Grand Master
You done a great job with those Mick, let us know how you get on with them my friend .. :bwink:

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
Those are beautiful. It is really handy to have more than one so you don't have to change the bit so often. I have three...one square for stone, and two for wood..one square, one round. (I do a lot of turquoise infilling, and use the carbide to turn the crushed stone inlays.)

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Mick, you're a bit of a way from Terry but I'd still lock those away securely if I were you. With his locals getting wise to his cadging he may start venturing further afield! Lovely job.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
These look great Mick..I have all the equipment here to make them but I haven't had much luck with handles and ferrules

Ferrules at the plumbing supply joints copper or brass fittings or at the metal shops short lengths of tubing, scrap metal dealers as well.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).