• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Roman harvest pens

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I canvassed near and wide for help recently how to modify this kit to replace the finial maybe you all know and will join hands and shout together however.

I made a quick 3 mins receiver holder in the lathe using a section of a fat blank to hold the clip end snug fit having first drilled a hole just over the finial size. Two easy taps with a punch into the recess in the middle on the gold button it turned out is simply riveted if you like or pressed in manufacture.

I went to my mate after yesterday afternoon who is an undergrround miner and he expects to have my new finial ready today and I will fit it after I press the turned blank so as not to compress my new finial.

All will be revealed and shock horror a new kit new experience for me have to find drills 31 and 33/64, make a couple of attachments now I know why new kits are a pain more things to drop in the sawdust.

If this keeps up what next?

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm with the the Grumpy one.... Pics pics pics isn't it.

Like Grumps but posh :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Unfortunately the clip section is with my mate so no pics until it returns to me. I believe holding the part from a kit looking into the inside there is recessed hole with a gold pin inside that belongs to the gold finial that needs to be tapped out too easy friends. I was given the kit my only one so for those that have a kit piece of the proverbial those interested without a kit a few days or so I will show the stages of my masterpiece? (tongue in cheek). I kept the quick holder to perform the simple operation so I can reconstruct the scene. However like Shakespear much ado and all that will be revealed. Reason waiting to select a blank is to try for a suitable mach for the finial. From my observations so far there are numbers of kits manufactured that will allow a similar removal of their finials where there is a will there is a way. Quite sure in my come in handy stash of pen kits there are more to investigate.:nopic:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Ahh One of those jobbies is it ?
Knocking the button off the top and putting your own bits on.
Have fun and good luck.
As you say where there is a will there is a William init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I've done that with a Chairmans pen before, but never with a RH. Looking forward to seeing the finished pen!

Me too and the jnr Gent etc.
Waste of time in my opinion I can't really say what I did enhanced the pen or made it any better in any way, just different but the customer wants what they want iinit?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).