• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Must Have Second Choice Machine or Tool

Your Choice Tool

• Carbide Mini Turning Tools

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miter Saw

• Router

• Table Saw

• Thicknesser/Planer

• Total voters

Jim

Grand Master
After the lathe what do you believe to be your next choice piece of machinery or tool most useful to you in what you make .. :thinks:

If Other please tell us what it is .. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
My choice is the band saw, a very versatile machine and the one I use just about every time I am in the shed .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Has to be dust collection for the lathe and the bandsaw when one is purchased H&S I wish I had got one 20 odd years ago and maybe my breathing would be better

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
For me it has to be a tool sharpener, without one the lathe would soon become pretty redundant :thinks:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I need my big flat chisel in my hand before doing anything in the shed.
But I'll go with bandsaw as a good second too.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Maybe I am different but I had all the above before I turned a pen as most men do if they have a trade background or have an affiliation with a Wood Group for ever as I have so splitting hairs is not needed. The recent addition of the Carbide edges but a progression in materials one I am not dependant on or use regularly, not able to see back to the first page maybe there are other notes for me.

Peter.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Like Terry I have everything but the carbide tools (I'm coming Woody). Bandsaw and dust collection get used every time I go into the workshop, but can't split my vote so I'll go bandsaw. Loooove my ProEdge (have I mentioned that before?) but not used quite as often ...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).