• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wenge

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
This is the third of 3 bowl i have turned today it is finished with friction polish and wood wax 22 and the wood is Wenge

DSCF7517.JPG

DSCF7521.JPG

and i found this pair of eye in it

DSCF7526.JPG

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well Alex, I think I like that more that on the other two, even though the beech is nicely spalted this really has a nice colour and deep richness. :love_it::love_it:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Alex, Wenge is a lovely wood and presents itself well but you've managed to present it even better than that.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Tremendous impact Alex finest design and presentation mate truly the best way IMHO to use Wenge its wasted on pens as a rule this bowl shows the broad strokes it can have much like painting so beautiful. You have come a long way mate deserve every credit.

Kind regards Peter.:camera::phew::claps::claps::claps:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Beautiful young Alex I have only ever seen weng on floors and pens and I have never been imprest with it but your bowl has imprest me the grain is outstanding workmanship superb I will be on the look out for a bowl blank after seeing yours well done

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Beautiful young Alex I have only ever seen weng on floors and pens and I have never been imprest with it but your bowl has imprest me the grain is outstanding workmanship superb I will be on the look out for a bowl blank after seeing yours well done

I know some were that has some timber line has some

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).