• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First Two init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I didn't get much time in shed this weekend, blooming kids init?
Too many visits from family with their confuser issues, talk about busman's holiday init?
Anyway I did get some time after they left today and rushed to shed shouting "DO NOT DISTURB".
I managed to make a couple of small carbide tipped tools, although not my best ever I was a tad rushed before it got dark.
Three tips on floor not found due to fading light. If anyone wants to come round and tidy me up they can have them and a days pay LOL.
These plus whatever I can get done next weekend will go to Jim at the next meet to use as prizes or raffle off or whatever he wants to do with them.
Made from scraps lying around shed, printer bar shafts, shower curtain rod ferules. and Oak fence post handles.
If you ain't got one of Woody's be nice to Jim, you might get one of these.
The smaller one was used to make the other so I know they work.
See you at the end of the month init?

P1080114.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Two very nice and handy tools there mate well done

Thank you dad, just giving back a bit of what this forum gives me init?
I did say I was gonna do some and I have the tips spare anyway, sorry the postman ended up with the ones I sent you.
Not the sort of tool I use so have no need for them.
I will say to anyone who gets them be very careful about how you fix the tips, butt them up against your bench when tightening the screw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
I stupidly held one while doing up the screw, I think it was the bone in my thumb that eventually straightened it, nice surgical cut all super glued up now init?

Jim

Grand Master
Two tools that would fit nicely in any ones work place Brian .. Very handy tools indeed .. And a big thanks for donating them to our forum my friend .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
No matter what everyone else says Brian, I think you're a caring, loving grandad who has got a heart in there init :funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Like grasshoppers soon everyone will have one Brian you make it sound simple but there is like Woody would testify so many things needed to make one of these in deep sympathy Brian dropping tiny things they can travel to weird places in a workshop. I do believe a mate of mine in the 1950,s a Jeweller had the game sewn up with a large tethered piece of leather under the bench front to catch the bits but then he was catching gold and silver who wouldnt.

An interesting thought when collecting these precious tools everyone should extend themselves by reciprocating in some way dont go empty handed remember what goes around comes around.

Kind regards Peter.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
They look great my only gripe would be that they are of similar size as the one i made and you thought the handle was to short but its all
good well done.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I do remember saying that Rowdy But I thought yours were bigger than the actual size.
These are only 4 and 5 inch shafts with 6 inch-ish handles.
To be honest I didn't measure anything, I just cut and shoved it all together with the bits that were available.
Sorry if I offended you in any way that was not my intention, I just can't help being gobby init?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I do remember saying that Rowdy

Rowdy? You having a senior moment or what? Maybe a plonker moment actually.......:face:

Anyway, they are great looking tools there Brian, and no matter what the forum think of you I know that you have a heart of gold aint u dad... Init..

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I do remember saying that Rowdy But I thought yours were bigger than the actual size.
These are only 4 and 5 inch shafts with 6 inch-ish handles.
To be honest I didn't measure anything, I just cut and shoved it all together with the bits that were available.
Sorry if I offended you in any way that was not my intention, I just can't help being gobby init?

Rowdy? You having a senior moment or what? Maybe a plonker moment actually.......:face:

Anyway, they are great looking tools there Brian, and no matter what the forum think of you I know that you have a heart of gold aint u dad... Init..

How did I get in this one?..

Nice pair there Brian, you old softie.....:thumbs::thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Lol its ok I think it was meant for me thanks but I dont really get offended easily and its all good .

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
See I told you I remembered saying it, I just dunno who I said it too init?
Sorry for any confusion and as for being a old softy, UP YOURS INIT?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nice one Grump.

I was thinking of offering you my avatar which was a grumpy old grizzly I came face to face with in Canada but I think this one suits you much better.

Your reputation is shot to pieces.

Attachments

• softie.jpg
    softie.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 11

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I give in init? Try to do something nice and all get is grief.
LEAVE ME ALONE I WANT TO BE A MISERABLE BLEEDER INIT?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).