• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Corian Pen Blank

Jim

Grand Master
I had a play about with a few pieces of Corian today and came up with this blank, its a mirrored effect with two different colours and white corian inlays, at the time i thought it looked ok, once glued i am not so sure ... :thinks:

corian_pen_blank.jpg

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
How were you planning on using it, Jim? On a one-piece blank it would be lovely - remember that the white bands will appear oval on the circular barrel. If you're thinking of cutting each one in half to use as a two-part blank (barrel/cap) I'm not sure I could visualise the end result ... :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Just seen this David, the blanks are what you see, i will be turning them as they are ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Look forward to seeing the finished item Jim, this pattern looks good, i like the mirrored image that you have gone for. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
This is the finished pen using the blanks above. Micro Meshed and finished with Meguiars Scratch X.

corian_multi_pen.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Dribble!!!! :vangry:

Any time you are in the vicinity Terry, and of course i am at home your more than welcome to visit, and there is no entrance fee .... :rolling:

The fee is on the way out ... :devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).