• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

12 inch elm bowl

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
12 inch elm bowl.
1st one without the recess/ dovetail on the bottom, turned it away now I've got cole jaws lol.
Thing is I had to stop and leave some marks as it was getting rather thin on the bottom, lesson earned. Couldn't sand it away either.
I really like doing these large bowls with the undercut rims, popular with the punters too.

Attachments

• elm bowl 12 inch diam a.jpg
    elm bowl 12 inch diam a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 37
  • elm bowl 12 inch diam b.jpg
    elm bowl 12 inch diam b.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 37
  • elm bowl 12 inch diam c.jpg
    elm bowl 12 inch diam c.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Stick a bit of felt on it, nobody would know.
You have been a busy boy init?
Another lovely shaped bowl mate.

Jim

Grand Master
Great shape Steven, tis a shame about the base as it is a super bowl .. :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Looking good Steven shame about the bottom but hay ho next time perfection mate

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Steven:thumbs:Twelve inches does not make a foot secure but you had fun learning mate only turners lift up a bowl like woman check a baby.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).