• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

lidded elm bowl 13 inch

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
13 inch elm bowl with lid & finial.

Sprog 2 is up for her birthday so made this for her.
Bowl is elm, lid is wych elm and finial is a bit of yellow wood ebonised with paint.
finished with lacquer.
1st one of these I've done.

Attachments

• lidded elm bowl a.jpg
    lidded elm bowl a.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 51
  • lidded elm bowl b.jpg
    lidded elm bowl b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 50
  • lidded elm bowl c.jpg
    lidded elm bowl c.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 50

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow Steven you have hit the jackpot with this one love a really good form no an excellent form

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Blimey mate where have you been hiding these you can't have done em all today init?
Lovely that mate best one yet.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
started & finished this one today Brian, the rest I did over the last week or so.
took a couple of days off this week for the sprogs visit, I was doing her a LARGE vase but went through the wall 3/4 of the way in, really peed me off did that.
So had to do her something else & this was it, it's her birthday tomorrow so had to be done today.

Thanks for the kind comments

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Wow, if thats the first one, I can't wait to see whats coming next. Excellent stuff, bring em on.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
started & finished this one today Brian, the rest I did over the last week or so.
took a couple of days off this week for the sprogs visit, I was doing her a LARGE vase but went through the wall 3/4 of the way in, really peed me off did that.
So had to do her something else & this was it, it's her birthday tomorrow so had to be done today.

Thanks for the kind comments

Steven,

A lovely piece, although I had to look twice to work out why you had put two finials on it!

Sorry to hear of your mishap with the vase, it must be sickening to have this happen, can't possibly imagine what it must feel like!

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
Steven, Sorry to hear of your mishap with the vase, it must be sickening to have this happen, can't possibly imagine what it must feel like!

Gone & done it a couple of times recently Neil getting used to the rolly munroe, tis quite a beast if you let it be & quite easy to get carried away with it.
& every time I do it I say to myself 'don't own up to it cos Neil will just rip the pish & get his own back'' :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Gone & done it a couple of times recently Neil getting used to the rolly munroe, tis quite a beast if you let it be & quite easy to get carried away with it.
& every time I do it I say to myself 'don't own up to it cos Neil will just rip the pish & get his own back'' :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Steven, you know me, I wouldn't possibly do that.............

Would I?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Cracking stuff, Steven! Let's be honest, You don't miss an opportunity to wind Neil up so it's only fair he gets a chance to return the favour occasionally ...

:kiss:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).