• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Which Accelerator do you recommend?

penturn

Apprentice Member
Hi I am going to try "finishing" a few pens with Superglue instead of Crystal Clear and and interested if anyone can suggest a Accelerator. I am going shopping tomorrow and thought I would ask to see if anyone can recommend any pustular brand. The CA I was going to use is Titebond Medium or again if you know of a better product please let me know. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
If you are nipping in to turners retreat then their accelerator will do you fine .. I tend to buy mine from the net now as i can get larger cans for my cash .. :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I use the accelerator that comes with e Toolstation Mitre bond. Just a warning - if you're heavy-handed with the stuff it can cause the CA to crystallise and go white, which is a bummer if you're filling indentations or cracks. Be sparing and exercise a little patience. Do as I say, not as I do, in other words! :funny:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
This is why I don't like Accelerator, this happened to me a number of times before found out what caused it. :nonono:

DSC02444.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).