• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ultrasonics

smoker

First Name
Steve
Has anyone tried ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to degas PR, my mate is a jeweler and has an old one i can have, just wondered if it was worth a go, with it being a professional model with heating.
Regards Steve.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I gave mine away cos it never got used.
As cleaner, a brush does better. As a vibrator is was also useless.
I just get my Drain to talk and that makes everything around shudder.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Steve, I use one with heating - the heating is brilliant:thumbs: but I am not to sure on the degas as the PR is to thick. I just take extra care when pouring and mixing....

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Has anyone tried ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to degas PR, my mate is a jeweler and has an old one i can have, just wondered if it was worth a go, with it being a professional model with heating.
Regards Steve.

I use one without heating although I pour not quite boiling water in it and then place the cups of PR with colours into it, it works a treat, just remember to wipe the cups before you pour. I let it warm up and degass for about 9 minutes before I put in the MEPK.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).