• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some of my unusual turnings

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Just a few of my more unusual turnings I hope you all enjoy
12" Oak Bowl on an Oak stand
47.JPG
8" Sapele bowl on an aluminium stand
36.JPG
Sycamore and walnut 8" bowl
59.JPG
3 sided box 10" tall x 5" from point to point
17.JPG
Red Mallee 12" long
7b.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
All of them are exceptional Woody but the last one is a dream, it almost looks like a Conch shell

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
here's another one for you Paul Red Mallee burr 12" long
7a.JPG
another brown Mallee
103.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Wow, Woody they aren't turnings, they're Art and should be in a Gallery.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The only one I have left is the last one all the rest sold and violet laid claim to the one I still have I'm not allowed to sell it but many have tried

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I can understand her wanting to keep it. I was given a huge burr when I started turning and didn't have a clue what to do with it and thought it wasn't any good because it had small holes. Another friendly turner took it off my hands to free up the space!

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Smashing work as always mate, I agree with Paul about the Mallee burr, wonderful. :thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I can't say anything about these items that you haven't heard before Woody, you never cease to amaze us my friend .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You just want everybody to feel sick because they haven't got the ability to produce like that Woody !!!! LOL:sob::sob::sob:

Now I believe most of the guys on this forum could turn any of those bits including you its just a matter of believing and doing even if it takes a few attempts have faith in your own ability's and stop being negative and have a go it you can turn a bowl like you turned the other day then you can turn anything so there

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).