• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

False acacia (3rd bowl)

Paul

Fellow
After a long break off the lathe ( 2weeks lol) I finished this bowl. False acacia, I really like how the colour changes as you rotate it.

I'm calling it "chunk" as I wanted a solid bowl, I could have gone deeper inside, as planned by outside shape, but once I had a ball shape inside I really like the affect on the grain, perhaps with hindsight I would have tried a different outside shape.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

3rd completed bowl ( went through the bottom of another )
Size 5" by 3

Advice and critique very gratefully received. Thank you.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nothing wrong with that Paul very well turned and finished I like letting the wood tell me what it wants to be some people have to turn for years before they discover how to let go and do that it is a skill that cant be taught so go to the top of the class

Jim

Grand Master
Nice heavy bowl Paul, the picture shows the bowl has a very good finish with beautiful grain .. Well done sir .. :winking:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lovely Paul, I love the grain on it and it certainly is Chunky.

Paul

Fellow
Thank you chaps for your comments. This turning is addictive. Could be the sealant mind.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Keep off the CA then mate, with the grain so far apart I understand having a lovely shape intact and not a ripple in sight was a great time to stop striking side on view as well.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).