• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive bowl #2

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
At the risk of boring everyone, I turned another bowl this afternoon.
A bit of shaking and dead knots going on with this one!

DSCN0571_640x480.jpg

DSCN0575_640x480.jpg

DSCN0580_640x480.jpg

There is so much going on with the grain in this bowl, I think I prefer the first one.
Regards,
Neil.

Paul

Fellow
To be fair I don't think you are doing that wood justice, in fact the wood police are on the way to take any spares away.....

Lovely wood and a good shape to show it off IMHO. Great conversational piece.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
To be fair I don't think you are doing that wood justice, in fact the wood police are on the way to take any spares away.....

Lovely wood and a good shape to show it off IMHO. Great conversational piece.

I'm the Chief Constable (Yorkshire region), of the wood police:ave_it: (according to my better half):funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
Neil, i honestly wouldn't like to choose between the two bowls, i love them both my friend .. :winking:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil firmly believe Olive wood is one special timber in any form your bowl is special, my experiences are the grain can be full on or scattered aces, it cracks, depending on the pruning and age gets contrary growth so success varies a lot. Still a real favourite in many instances buying blanks such as from the Holyland you can waste a lot of money. Bowl making can leave a heap of timber on the floor.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).