• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ready for March Meet init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have had a very delicate weekend after a very heavy session Friday night.
Never used to be like this after a drink but wow that knocked me for 6 init?
Anyway I did a bit of gentle meandering and broke lots of things in my shed.
I broke my m6 tap so that now limited me to what tools I could make today, reduced to M5 thread and used the round tips.
These tips I have are actually paint scraper blades by Hamilton, I bought these cheap some time ago for experimenting with and now passing them on.
They are very sharp and also thin so only to be used on very light work with light cuts.
Any heavy work should change tip, these will shatter to pieces under heavy strain but will be fine for your pen work.
I think I have also used all my round bar, so this may be the last of them until I find more.
The square bar I have, I cannot get a drill to go through it so am leaving that for now.
The longer handle is another lump of oak fence post, the smaller one is I think Cherry I found in the bin.
P1080115.JPG

I now have four to take to the meet and pass to Jim, please don't start all that nice guy stuff again it embarrasses me and it ain't true.
I am only doing it to clear some crap from my shed and because I have no swaps for the meet.

P1080117.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
Sorry, but i have to say it .. Your a very, very nice man grumps ... :devil:

Once again Brian, you have turned up trumps my friend .. :ciggrin:

Wish i could find some Cherry like that in my bin .. :rolling:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
All weekend and thats all you done... Pfff!

Nice of you though Brian.... ah the fluffy stuff.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Nice tools Brian. At your age you can't metabolise alcohol like you used to, so you either have to limit your intake (say what?) or resign yourself to nasty hangovers ... Ya owd git!

:ave_it::ave_it::ave_it:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ahhhh how sweet of you Brian your such a lovely man so kind, and thoughtful always thinking of others :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
What a load of Bull s**t Now were's my grumpy ol mate gone

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Not being able to abuse copious amounts of alcohol and laugh at the consequences is possibly due to the fact that you were once a sleak cutter that swept through the waves as clean a new razor but now you're a ship wreck. :funny: :funny: :funny:

But an all round good egg.

Attachments

• brian.jpg
    brian.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 18

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
And another fing with your elf the way it is you shouldn't be drinking like that any-more and you know it moderation now you you well your my mate and you should be looking after yourself I bet Jane filled your earole your a bad un
Just got a phone call pick me new car up next Mon :banana::banana::banana:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You wouldn't begrudge a senior person a twig or two would you Alex :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).