• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Met an Olive Grower

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
He has around a thousand of various varieties of Olive trees and told me to come out and collect last years trimmings from the older trees I left soon after and back in the dark now couple of pics on the trailer in the next day or so I will cut some open the varieties are from different countries. He is restoring an XK140 and a mate of mine has 4 different Jaguars including a Mk 4 and XK120 an earlier model than the 140 we have both been invited for a return visit.

The timber could be great or worthless time will tell its looks sound apparently no splits left in the tree rows (intriguing).

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 40

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I look forward to seeing what you make from that lot Peter.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
The timber could be great or worthless time will tell its looks sound apparently no splits left in the tree rows (intriguing).

I hope and sure the trip will be well worth the journey, a nice haul, good to have friends init?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Later today I will cut up some to have a peep at the same time found an old friend now a multi millionaire has thousands of Olive trees nearish in the district where to find the time to follow up on all of this? Willing to try though.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).