• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fountain pen

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
a few weeks ago i showed a black pen, this is the green the customer asked for. But he had to wait as i ran out.
He is delighted so far, and is his revised spec. 165mm total length capped.
Its an Axminster Majestic but nib replaced with a fine.
Quite heavy at 85 grams but he wanted a big thick pen to replace his Twisbi vac.
Hopefully he will order more.
C and C welcome.
Pete
11.3.14 004_edited-1.jpg
11.3.14 010.jpg

Attachments

• 11.3.14 002.jpg
    11.3.14 002.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 74

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Pete,

Beautifully executed although I am not a fan of closed end pens, it seems to lack visual balance without the end cap. Having said that I like this one very much. I used to be indecisive, now I'm not too sure!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I love the style, the design, and the craftsmanship is superb.
Make that colour go away dad.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Pete, you've really improved the closed end by keeping the edge sharp to mirror the finial. Much more visually 'balanced' than the rounded end on the black one. That colour will take some getting used to, though ... But if the customer is happy then it's a job well done!

:thinks:

amazilia

This is a really nice pen, I would imagine your customer is delighted. There is nothing wrong with a walnut slimline but this demonstrates what can be achieved.
Regards Terry

Pete B

Registered
Thanks for all the comments.
The colour is well, you like it etc.
But it was his choice. Too bright and busy for me, but they look good in sierras, squires etc and have been quite popular with the fairer of the species.
David your spot on, the rounded end was not right at all.
Customer asked for it when i showed him another. Like i said before what was i thinking.

Regards

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).