• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Spalted Holly thank you vase

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As a thank you to the couple over the road who gave me a holly tree this is made from part of one off the branches that were laying under the tree it is 7" tall x 4" wide I hope they like it
DSCF2288.JPGDSCF2303.JPGDSCF2304.JPGDSCF2305.JPGDSCF2306.JPG

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
What's not to like Woody, a stunning vase. Mind you, that's what we've come to expect from you! Brilliant.:thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
If they don't like it Woody then send it to me, it'll have pride of place :funny:

That really is a lovely vase.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Lovely Woody! I wouldn't have been surprised if one of those 'petals' had flown off while you were turning it. Well done for holding it together.

They did rattle a bit David the log had a few splits in it so plenty of super glue and saw dust sound is a big help when turning items like this

Jim

Grand Master
I love to see your work Woody, this lump of wood would be going on many a burner had it not landed in your lap my friend .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).