• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Manchester

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Hi All. I found this forum yesterday and joined straight away. I bought a second hand 1980@s (?) "Tull International" lathe (like the Clarke CWL1000 etc) a few years ago and only got round to using it about 6 months ago. It was OK for what it did, but I decided to upgrade to a Axminster AH-1218VS and really loving it. So far I have made a number of bowls and made the other half a pen for Valentines day. She thinks it is wonderful, but I know where the faults are. But it's got me hooked.
Chas

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Chas so your hooked ay well let me tell you it dont get any better I'm still hooked after more than 20 years it will get worst and very expensive but bloody good fun

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Chas, hope to see you work at sometime my friend ..

Matt

Registered
Hi Chas and a bid welcome to the forum. There are some top turners on here if you ever need any help or advice :banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Chas welcome from the other world the one where I see a pen in everything your turn will come but the memory lingers.

Peter.:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Chas, I am probably the only sane person on here so if you need anyone to talk to then I'm your man. Since joining this site I've been turning pens in my sleep and just can't stop so beware. Gotta go, the men in white coats are coming to get me. :funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome to the forum Chas, hope you realise there is no known cure for this addiction..:face:

The forum was set up by Jim as a way for us like minded people can come and talk about our addiction, just like the AA really.

But don't worry, we are all friends and can talk as it makes it much easier to deal with things in life when we can't get to pen turning..:banana:

Paul

Fellow
Welcome. There alright this lot, I think some have been near the solvent too long mind but their hearts in the right place. Though I'm suspicious about a couple, a few are a little strange, lots of plonkers, some might be a little damaged, a lot like their booze, fast lathes and exotic woods, and some are fixated on birds( mostly feathered ) seems they've lived their lives long and well, (apart from Alex who's so young but starting well - I think he still has homework ). I'm the 'normal' one of course, nothing odd here. Perfectly fine, says the man in the mirror.

Oh and a lot of john smiffs, drunk. But if you need help, max wait 5 minutes, damn brilliant, helpful kind of people. Whilst you'll end spending a bob or two on this hobby just post your thought first and expect loads of suggestion, I've saved hundreds here. Post pics, learn loads, help, repeat.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome. There alright this lot, I think some have been near the solvent too long mind but their hearts in the right place. Though I'm suspicious about a couple, a few are a little strange, lots of plonkers, some might be a little damaged, a lot like their booze, fast lathes and exotic woods, and some are fixated on birds( mostly feathered ) seems they've lived their lives long and well, (apart from Alex who's so young but starting well - I think he still has homework ). I'm the 'normal' one of course, nothing odd here. Perfectly fine, says the man in the mirror.

Oh and a lot of john smiffs, drunk. But if you need help, max wait 5 minutes, damn brilliant, helpful kind of people. Whilst you'll end spending a bob or two on this hobby just post your thought first and expect loads of suggestion, I've saved hundreds here. Post pics, learn loads, help, repeat.

Oh no not another one is it the name Paul the old saying is denial is the first sign every one in the happy farm reckons there not insane

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).