• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

pen blank making press

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
As I do like a bit of segmenting I made this press from some bits and bobs that have not been used for my other hobby. It gives a nice even pressure and I've laminated the base so it can be easily removed when dry.

Attachments

• IMG_20140316_104709.jpg
    IMG_20140316_104709.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 153

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats a very useful looking jig there Brody and a lovely pen and blank. What is your other hobby?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Thats a very useful looking jig there Brody and a lovely pen and blank. What is your other hobby?

Cheers mate. I make things from recycled wood and metal. Stuff like coffee tables, picture frames, cutting boards etc. My brain has a thirst for making. :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good idea brody I use a bit of angle alloy and a bit of paper to stop the blank sticking to it

Jim

Grand Master
Nice little Jig there Brody, it is difficult at times to get 45 degree cuts to stay stuck, this will help for sure .. :winking:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Cheers mate. I make things from recycled wood and metal. Stuff like coffee tables, picture frames, cutting boards etc. My brain has a thirst for making. :winking:

Ah, I remember the coffee tables from a previous thread now. You certainly do have a creative thirst.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Good thoughts Brody these days my brain is concentrated on getting coordination such as getting up in the morning and finally bed late at night. Still churning continually with new ideas for things. The weather is into cool cold then warm days.

Your press is simply made and the base a big help to prevent glue stick as well. In another occupation I bought a large roll of what is called Jack paper it is a wide roll of double sided tape bin effect and the the peel away front and back papers are repellant to glue naturally otherwise it would be useless. We used it in the Photo Studio to adhere large Photographs to mounts. I recall the new invented words when it went wrong very costly and delicate operation. Being a Bower Bird I kept this part roll and use it as is under glue ups of blanks etc as I do these in a spare bedroom and it saves my scalp from SWMBO. Like all the good things not cheap but 100% effective.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).