• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polymer pens moving on a little teaser

trapper

Registered
Hi All,
Well I've started work on Part11 of the Polymer Pens Tutorial. I'm intending to cover inlay work using additional materials.
Here is a picture of two test blanks which are most definitely not yet good enough.

One blank is a blended white and anything i grabbed mix with a copper spiral inlay. The Black one and the first effort is made from straight black fimo classic....... did not let the clay harden sufficiently last night it features a spiral inlay in aluminium.

When I've got it right I'll post the full story. In the meanwhile my report card has "could do better" on it

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 64

trapper

Registered
I totally agree Jed at the moment I'm just trying to prove the concept. Im fairly sure things such as inlace will be ok to use and of course other patterns. At the moment I'm awaiting a tech advise before mixing polymer up with other chemical based items. Im informed by the makers its fine once cured and should "behave" with acrylics and epoxies. as i said once i get it right i'll do some options on a theme. thanks for looking

Jim

Grand Master
When I've got it right I'll post the full story. In the meanwhile my report card has "could do better" on it

Look forward to the reading the full story Steve, i think you may be a little hard on your self to ... :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).