• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My next crappy bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This toilet lid in beech and I am going to make a 9" x 3" bowl from it why do I get all the s**ty jobs they did assure me it got disinfected every day more to follow latter in the week I never waist wood LOL :nooidea:
DSCF2318.JPG

Paul

Fellow
Brilliant.

If the bowl has a lid, and a "slot" then you can keep your pennies in it. Thereby stoping you spending a penny. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
how I do it mark rings 1 1/4" wide how many defends on the size of the wood then drill on the lines at 45% the size of the hole depends on the size of your jig saw blade
DSCF2319.JPG
Set your jig saw at 45% as well and cut on each line
DSCF2320.JPG
then start to glue up now the wait till it is dry
DSCF2321.JPG
Tea time now by

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
At least you've got some wood to go on :funny:

I've never know you to make a crap bowl.

Matt

Registered
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out :ciggrin: love the way you manage to make something out of nothing :banana:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I used to do this years ago when I didn't know of many places to buy bowl blanks so I cut up old pine bench seats and table tops

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Gone to pot made, down the drain and flushed with success.

Beaut method to set out the sections cant wait to see the idea pan out.

Peter.:thumbs: with toilet seats I say.

Jim

Grand Master
Well, I laughed when I saw this and showed the Mrs it, she said why don't you do owt like that ... I just moved the screen away, telling her I don't do that type of work.. :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing it complete my friend .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well that's certainly not bog standard :whistling:

Is it finished yet ?:face:

I dont think it will get done today as I have to go pick my new car up so we will have lunch out as well also I have a delivery of boards coming to finish of the shelves in my gallery

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).